European commercial helicopter pilot’s license
(Integrated CPL (H) AB INITIO)
UNIQUE INTERNATIONAL TRAINING
Duration of the program : 12 months minimum full time
Program beginning : May and September
ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAM
- Possibility of working as a professional pilot in Europe or Canada following training;
- Flight training is much less expensive in Canada;
- The possibility to obtain three commercial licenses: European, Canadian and American;
- Obtaining a Canadian Attestation of College Studies (ACS);
- Obtaining a temporary Canadian work permit (post-graduation);
- A once in a lifetime opportunity to experience living in Canada.
- 18 years of age when taking the flight exam;
- Have passed the Class 1 European and Canadian medical exam. To take medical exam, please check physicians accredited by EASA;
- Shown acquisition of skills related to the minimum requirements of academic training;
- Have passed AB INITIO Math/Physics proficiency test
Issue of license
- Have passed all the EASA and Canadian written exams;
- Have passed the EASA flight exam with the CEFA (ATO.LU.0004) at Luxembourg and the Transport Canada flight exam with Capitale Hélicoptère in Quebec.
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) by the Campus Notre-Dame-de-Foy : all candidates who obtain their professional pilot license at Capitale Hélicoptère Flight School receive an Attestation of College Studies (ACS) issued by the Campus Notre-Dame-de-Foy.
EASA PPL-H private pilot license- helicopter licence holders
We have a program tailored for holders of private pilot licenses issued by the EASA.
The license holder can enjoy a maximum credit of 40 hours including 20 hours of dual instruction, as stipulated by the EASA. Each application will be studied case by case, and the number of hours required will be determined according to the hours totaled in the flight log of the candidate.
- Hold a valid EASA PPL-H license.
- Submit a copy of the flight log.
- Hold an EASA Class 1 medical certificate and acquire the one from Transport Canada (TC).
- Demonstrate the proficiencies in accordance with the minimum requirements of academic training.
- Have completed 18 years of age at the time of the flight test.
The exact number of flight hours will be based on mandatory verification of the flight log of the candidate.
The EASA ground school program is available in English on an e-learning platform only. The theoretical program is supervised by Capitale Hélicoptère Flight School and the flight training is performed by Capitale Hélicoptère Flight School under the supervision of the Centre Européen de Formation Aéronautique (CEFAATO.LU.0004).
Three commercial licenses
After passing all the exams, the candidate will receive a Canadian and European commercial helicopter pilot’s license (CPL(H) TC and EASA) which are recognized in Canada and all EU member countries and which is eligible for conversion to American (FAA) helicopter pilot license.
Post-graduation Canadian work permit
Following training, the candidate will receive an Attestation of College Studies (ACS) from the Ministère de l’Éducation et de l’Enseignementsupérieur du Québec which will allow him to obtain a temporary Canadian work permit for a period equal to the duration of the program.
Integrated CPL (H) training starting at $90,475 CAD
- 135 hours of flight training on Robinson RH22 and RH44;
- EASA and Canadian CPLH ground training programs;
- Attestation of College Studies (ACS) fee
- 12 months of lodging in Canada.
Located in Europe and in North America, CEFA’s training process is truly exceptional. Our instruction includes specific approaches that meet the needs of individual candidates.
- Experienced and professional instructors;
- High level expertise acquired internationally since 1989;
- Performing specific helicopter missions;
- Pan-European instruction.
All our training meets EASA standards and are approved by all European Civil Aviation Authorities.
“Having the training on Robinson RH44 really makes a difference. We can see it right away when looking at job opportunities after training. In addition, with the GoHelico career program, with which we can get more flight time, it gives us a head start and a job.”